Saturday, October 2, 2010

Significant dream project and introduction to my blog










Above is a post card that I sent to myself about a significant dream I had back in 2006. The 'message' of this dream was the inspiration for this blog, so it seems a good place to start. I hope to share my passion for collaborative art and 'art in community' by posting projects, observations, documentation... of these ideas at work in my community and world wide.

I recently posted a mail art project 'Significant Dream' and invite you to participate. Please send me a post card size art work about a significant dream you've had. Create an image using any technique; collage, mixed media, painting, drawing, printmaking, photography... On the back include some information about the dream like; a brief description, what was the most memorable aspect of the dream, any insights, was it a reoccurring dream, how did you feel when you woke up, approx. when did you have this dream... 
Send art work to -

Significant Dream Project
1480 Pickles Rd.
Denman Island B.C.
V0R 1T0

Contributions to this mail art project will be included in an exhibition planned for 2011 in the Comox Valley, B.C. Deadline March 20, 2011, no returns, documentation to all participants. I will post project entries on the 'Signifigant Dream' page of this blog and, will keep you updated about the upcoming show.
Hope to see you in dreams!

About my dream-
There is some kind of natural disaster, meteorites falling in San Fransisco Bay. I try to escape on a motor bike but the waves are coming, then I am flying. I am a 'tattoo flash' style blue swallow. I fly and fly and fly. I am tired and falling when I get/hear this message "the collaborative spirit". This message gives me strength to keep flying. I finally land in New Orleans at a dock. People are in survival mode, eating snails, bugs... what ever is available, someone shares food with me. A man of 'means' is in a sea plane well stocked with supplies, looking out for himself. The message I received in this dream has stayed with me and continues to inspire me.  When I awoke I was sore from flying and it took a couple days for this real muscle ache to subside. Dreamt in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment